Copyright © Emmerson Moody & Jason Moody 2013
The hottest topic around these days is that of the environment and sustainability. Global warming is a real threat, with the possibility of future generations suffering for our excesses.
In recognition of this serious situation, JARM Amusements are committed to becoming the most environmentally friendly funfair operator in the U.K. We are currently at the stage of formulating our upcoming policies depending on what is available with current technology. We have already identified a number of strategies that can be used to make our operations greener, and we are currently in the process of implementing these. Other methods we would like to use are still either prohibitively expensive or just not possible with the state of current technology. These we will monitor and implement as soon as they become realistically achievable. A full copy of our policy is supplied with the safety dossier presented to our clients at each event, along with our current action plan which explains in detail the active steps we are taking to implement the policy. In the meantime a summery of the policy and plan is listed here; Visit our website for details of our services. If you have any suggestions you feel would help us in our quest or if you would just like to comment on our plans, feel free to contact us via email by clicking here
1) Recycling We are having a number of mobile waste recycling points constructed. We will use these at our events to enable members of the public to easily separate recyclable waste such as aluminium cans, and place them into the requisite waste bin. We are negotiating with a number of recyclers to take our waste such as cans, plastic bottles etc. Hopefully this will help to reduce the amount of landfill created by our events. We have installed a Swedish hot composting system that will reduce our organic food waste and biodegradable cups and bags down into compost. Each of our catering carts will have its own dedicated mini recycling bin to ensure that the waste it generates will be recycled from each event.
2) Biodegradability We have identified which of our consumables it may be possible to replace with biodegradable alternatives. Products such as cups for our coffee carts, or plastic bags for the candy floss carts could be replaced, whilst we prefer recycling, we realise that many people would leave the event with some of the potential waste and dispose of it themselves, by ensuring they take degradable candy floss bags, if it ends up in landfill it takes between 4 months and 4 years to degrade, compared to possibly hundreds of years for some plastic items.
3) Bio Fuels We have now switched two thirds of our generating plant over to the use of 100% bio diesel. It is estimated that we will have converted the final units by the end of July 2008.
4) Energy Efficiency We replace things like light bulbs on our attractions on an ongoing basis. We have committed to any replacements being more energy efficient than is currently the norm. We have already replaced things such as 500 Watt halogen bulbs with a mixture of 300 and 150 watt alternatives. We view this as a stop gap measure however, as LED technology becomes affordable we will begin to use it as standard
5) Cleaning Products We have already replaced our hydrocarbon cleaning products (used for cleaning oil or diesel spills) with a totally environmentally friendly, fully biodegradable alternative. Where it is possible to do so, we will replace other cleaning products with their biodegradable alternatives.
6) Waste Paper Our office initially used around 25,000 sheets of A4 paper per annum. By replacing many of the documents we sent out with their PDF equivelents, we reduced this last year to 15,000 sheets of paper. By talking with our clients and obtaining their agreement to receive documents in electronic format, we hope to reduce this to below 10,000 sheets by the end of 2008.
At many of our events, we are using a standard advertising board that is undated, this allows its re use in subsequent years and again reduces the amount of paper potentially ending up in landfill.
7) Fairtrade Although not strictly a sustainability issue, we have already switched our coffee carts and candy floss carts to Fairtrade only products. Other Fairtrade items will be sourced and used as and when they become available.
We offer a range of consultancy services, from designing and planning a funfair installation, through to sourcing and procuring the rides and equipment you wish to hire. Short and long term options available for resorts, shopping centres and more.
We have the capability to supply catering facilities for any event. Hot and cold food, served as a buffet or sit down dinner, beverages and refreshments including fully stocked mobile bars with spirits, wine, soft drinks and of course draught products
If you want to hire more traditional funfair rides and games then we have the option to offer this to you. From genuine Victorian era carousels, through a range of traditional fairground games, and all of our staff members in period dress.
Yorkshire Funfair Hire Fairview House, Doncaster Road, Upton, West Yorkshire, WF9 1EB United Kingdom 07973429663 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Yorkshire Funfair Rides Hire Specialists